Thank you for your interest in the Cambridge Arts Festival which takes place on Saturday, June 23, 2018 from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Please read through the submission guidelines fully before completing the application form below.
Established and emerging visual artists are welcome to submit applications to display their work in: Ceramics and Pottery, Digital, Artwork, Drawing, Fibre Art, Glass (flamework), Jewellery, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Print Making, Sculpture, Street Art/Graffiti, Maker Art (work involving technology)
- The Cambridge Arts Festival is strictly a volunteer event to promote arts within our community.
- There is no fee to exhibit. We provide visual artists with one 10 x 10 space.
- There are no electrical outlets for Visual Artists.
- Artists must live, work, be a full time student, or be a member in good standing of a team, club, or organization within a 100 KM radius of Cambridge, Ontario.
- All artists must be approved by the Cambridge Arts Festival Committee.
- Visual Art for exhibit or sale must be hand crafted work created in Canada by the artist.
- The application deadline is April 1, 2018.
- Please fill out this application at the bottom of this page in full and provide links to your website or social media pages that shows samples of your work.
- Visual Artist space is limited and will be jurried by the Cambridge Arts Festival Planning Committee.
- Sharing of a booth is permitted with approval by the Visual Arts Coordinator.
- Artists who are accepted to participate in the Festival will be notified by email the week of April 15, 2018.
- NEW – CHOOSE YOUR BOOTH SPACE! In 2018, Visual Artists have the opportunity to select their booth location for a $50 donation to the festival. Please indicate on the form below if you wish to select your booth. A separate email will be sent out to those choosing this option with the timelines for booth selection.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- **Please note: we do not provide tents, tables or chairs. Artists are responsible for providing their own tents, weights and exhibit display materials.
- Load-In is on Saturday June 23, 2018 between 7:30 am and 10:00 am. You must be set up by 10:00 am. Visual artists are required to stay until the end of the festival (6 pm).
- Tent size cannot exceed 10 ft. by 10 ft. and must be a regulation festival tent (as pictured). You MUST weigh down each
leg of your tent with a minimum of 10 lbs per leg. You can make your own weights but they should look visually professional. Click on the example photo on the right to enlarge.
- If you do not have a tent upon arrival to the festival, you will not be permitted to set up your booth. Locally, tents can be rented from ABC Rentals and Cambridge Tent Rentals. If you are planning to participate in multiple festivals, purchasing a tent will be less expensive. Outlet Tags in Toronto has tent packages at very reasonable rates and delivery is quick and free. If you have time, keep your eyes out on Kijiji for a used tent. Note: If you are using a tent rental and set up service, it is your responsibility to ensure that your rental equipment is returned to the vendor. It is not acceptable to leave your tent and display items standing after the festival is over. Please arrange for dismantling and pick-up with the vendor accordingly.
- You may only sell/offer only the products and/or services specified and approved.
- Conduct business only within the space allocated.
- Be responsible for setting up and cleaning up of all your own equipment, garbage, and debris from your site.
- Be responsible for all of your own sales.
- Unless otherwise notified, your name, website and social media profiles will be shared on the CAF website and in promotional campaigns promoting the festival.
Insurance: While it is not a requirement for our 2018 festival participants to have exhibitor liability insurance, we strongly recommend that you purchase insurance to cover the loss of your artwork in the event of unforeseen occurrences like weather or accidents. Neither the Cambridge Arts Festival nor the City of Cambridge will be liable for any loss or damage to any property you bring with you to the festival. If you would like to purchase insurance for this and other events you will be attending, CAF has partnered with Josslin Insurance to help you. Please note that Cambridge Arts Festival is not able to assist with your insurance application.
Please download and send (do not fill out online as it will not save the information entered) this completed form by email to: email@example.com or fax to: ATTN: TODD @ 519-893-9058. For any questions regarding this insurance form, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org